The Pitbull Husky mix sometimes referred to as the Pitsky, is a crossbreed medium to large size dog. The Pitsky is a hybrid dog that is a cross between an American Pitbull Terrier (APBT) and a Siberian Husky.
The Husky Pitbull mix, like the breeds from which it descended, is capable of a high level of activity and possesses exceptional skills in guarding, chasing, racing, and sledding. However, in order to properly care for this dog breed, the owner will need to be both experienced and active.
Pitbull Husky Mix Quick Overview
Here is a quick overview of the Pitbull Husky Mix;
|Weight:||30 – 70 pounds|
|Height:||19 – 24 inches|
|Exercise needs:||High, 1,5 hrs per day|
|Lifespan:||10 – 14 years|
|Characteristics:||Friendly but hate living with other dogs|
|Price:||$400 to $1800|
|Body:||Medium to Large|
|Coat color:||Blue, grey, white, creamy, tan, red, black and brown|
|Grooming needs:||Medium-high, 3 – 4 times a week|
|Friendliness:||High (especially with energetic dog owners)|
|Breed recognition:||Recognized by AKC and DRA|
|New owner friendly:||Moderately|
The Origin of The Pitbull Husky Mix Breed
As discussed above, this hybrid dog breed consists of half Pitbull and half Husky. So, let’s take a more in-depth look at the family tree and find out who the ancestors are.
American Pit Bull Terrier
Pitbulls, also known as Pitties, have an exceedingly loving personalities, and they are convinced that everyone loves them, even though they are bred to be aggressive.
Not only are Pitties fearless, self-assured, and powerful, but they are also devoted, loving, and fun to train, thanks to their high level of intelligence!
This breed has a potential height range of 18 to 22 inches and a maximum potential weight of up to 70 pounds. This dog might live for up to 14 years if you take good care of him.
The Siberian Husky has a very recognizable physical appearance thanks to its intense white eyes and gloriously thick double coat, which may be found in a variety of colors.
It is quick-witted, perceptive, and exceptionally bright by its very make-up. It is a high-energy dog that is, without a doubt, incredibly lively yet calm at the same time.
Its typical lifetime is between 12 and 14 years, and its weight can range anywhere from 18 to 28 kg.
What Does a Pitbull Husky Mix Look Like? Pitsky Mixed Dog Breed Pictures
6 Reasons Why You Should Get a Siberian Husky Pitbull Mixed Breed Dog
These are the few reasons that compel everyone to buy these beautiful canines.
1. High Energy Breed
People who want to stay active will adore having a companion like the Husky Pitbull mix because of its high level of energy and its ability to easily keep up with its owners when going for a run or on a walk. Be ready to give your dog a lot of love and affection and let them know that you are there for them.
2. Get Along Well With Children and Other Family Members
One of the benefits of owning a Husky mixed with a Pitbull is that the dog is social and gets along well with children, which is something that owners look for in a companion animal.
It enjoys hanging around and playing with the people that own it. Because it is a hybrid dog, its active owners will have a fantastic time together with this dog because it may be the ideal partner for sports and other activities that take place outside.
3. Social Dogs
They are also friendly canines that are likely to make a lot of new friends wherever they go. The Pitbull Husky mix takes pleasure in overcoming obstacles and maintaining its concentration on the work that its owners assign it.
4. Stress Reliever
It is possible that, in exchange for mental and physical engagement, it might offer its owners a stress reliever from the monotony of their everyday employment.
5. Source of Inspiration
When owners see how their Pitbull-Husky mix does well in obstacle courses or relay races, it can serve as a source of inspiration and encouragement for them to try the same thing themselves.
6. Healthy Dogs
Even though all dogs are likely to have some sort of health issue at some time in their life, the Pitbull Husky breed often maintains good health well into old age.
The only major health concerns are those that are so widespread that the ordinary owner can simply locate a solution to remedy them or predict them.
The Husky mixed with Pitbull is the type of dog that will spend the majority of its life in good health as long as it maintains an active lifestyle, balanced food, and an effective training plan.
4 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Get a Pitbull Husky Cross
1. Not Ideal for Everyone
The Pitbull Husky mix is a breed that is known for its high level of activity. Therefore, they are probably not the ideal option for individuals who have a limited amount of free time or who are unable to adequately exercise their dog.
2. Do Not Make a Lot of Noise
They don’t make a lot of noise when they bark. They do, however, occasionally howl instead.
3. Poor Guard Dog
Due to the trusting temperament of the breed, they are not the best choice for anyone searching for a guard dog.
4. Very High Shedding Coat
Pitskies that are blessed with a double coat like their Husky father will have a very high shedding rate and will require frequent grooming.
How Can I Keep My Pitsky Happy and Healthy?
If you’re thinking of adding a Pitsky to your family, you might be wondering how to keep your new furry friend happy and healthy. Here are a few tips:
- Make sure your Pitsky has plenty of exercise. This breed is known for being high energy, so a daily walk or run is a must.
- Provide your Pitsky with a nutritious diet. This breed is prone to weight gain, so it’s important to choose a food that is high in protein and low in fat.
- Keep up with your Pitsky’s vaccinations. This breed is susceptible to certain health conditions, so it’s important to make sure your pet is up-to-date on all his or her shots.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your Pitsky will enjoy a long and happy life.
What Should You Know About The Pitbull Husky Mix?
Although some of the exuberant Husky genes are tamed when the Pitbull and the Husky are bred together, the resultant Pitsky still has a lot of energy and a passion for being active.
These canines are best suited for households who either own a yard or are ready to make a regular commitment to going for walks or runs with them – more on this in a bit.
It is difficult to guess what the Pitsky will look like as a result of the numerous different varieties of Pitbulls and Alaskan Huskies that might be used in the breeding process. But if there’s one thing that can be said with absolute certainty, it’s that they’ll be adorable.
Pitbull Husky Mix Temperament
- Pitskies are a wonderful option for those who intend to take an energetic and involved role in their dog’s upbringing.
- The Pitsky mixed dog breed, like the APBT and the progeny of that breed, requires a dog parent who is skilled in dog training and obedience training.
- Pitskies are devoted to their family and are ready to lay down their life for them; hence, they would not think twice about giving up their lives for their families.
- These puppies will repay you with their devotion and enthusiasm to please if you are prepared to invest the time and effort necessary to train them properly.
- Starting your training at a young age is strongly suggested.
- If you want to get the most out of these cute pups, you need to have a lot of expertise with at least one of the dog breeds who served as their parents, if not both of them.
Pitbull Husky Mix Workout Needs
In order to ensure that your Pitsky gets the appropriate amount of exercise, you will need to spend a lot less time lounging on your sofa and more time breaking in those running shoes that have been gathering dust in the back of the closet.
The reality of the situation is that Pitskies enjoy being on the go. They are always on the go. If you go jogging in the morning or go trekking on the weekends and are seeking a dog to accompany you on these activities, this is an excellent option.
When it comes to maintaining Pitsky’s excellent health, long walks and a spacious, open yard are going to be absolutely necessary. It is also helpful if they have a similarly energetic canine companion who is able to keep up with them.
Husky Pitbull Combination Health Problems
There is a correlation between the Siberian Husky and the American Pit Bull Terrier in terms of their susceptibility to particular health problems. Even while the vast majority of dogs are healthy, there are still those who might be at risk for a range of illnesses.
As a consequence of this, it is imperative to provide enough care and visit the veterinarian regularly or consult an online veterinarian (available 24/7).
Pitbull Siberian Husky mix often lives for a very long time if they are cared for properly and kept active. There are a few potential health problems that you should be on the lookout for, including the following:
The hybrid dog’s high metabolism is caused by too much thyroid hormone from its glands. If not treated properly, the Pitbull Husky mix may suffer heart and kidney failure.
Pitbull Husky Mix Food Requirements
A high-energy dog like this one must be given a diet consisting of dog food that is formulated for high-energy dogs. Try to do the following:
- Choose a meal that is of good quality and consult your veterinarian about the appropriate portion size.
- The amount of food that a Pitsky should consume daily might vary depending on a variety of characteristics, such as weight, gender, health concerns, level of exercise, age and metabolism.
- The stomachs of Pitbull Husky Mix puppies are significantly more compact. This indicates that they ought to consume several more small meals spaced out during the course of the day.
- Up to the age of six months, the majority of pups should consume their food between 3 to 4 times every day.
- Choose a puppy food that has been developed specifically for energetic dog breeds, such as Ollie, Pet Plate or Front of The Pack.
- If you are unsure about which dog food to use or how much to give the puppy, your veterinarian is a wonderful resource to consult if you are in this position.
Training a Pitbull Mixed With Husky
- Pitskies or Pitbull Siberian Husky mix, just like other dog breeds, should start their training as soon as they can since they are the most responsive to learning when they are puppies.
- Start socialization and training with your Pitbull Husky mix puppy between the ages of 5 and 6 weeks old. Pitskies have a high level of intelligence and can readily understand any orders you give them.
- It is important to devote a sizeable amount of your waking time to the socialization and training of your dog.
- Positive reinforcement is superior to negative reinforcement as a training tool for Pitbull-Husky mixes because these dogs have a strong drive to please their owners. Additionally, try to use different/multiple treats as an incentive in positive reinforcement trainings. It will boost the training process.
- The Pitsky is a hybrid of a Pitbull and a Husky, so it only stands to reason that it will have a great deal of energy.
- When you go out in public, be sure to keep your Pitbull Husky mix on a harness at all times.
- There is a chance that this hybrid will inherit the prey drive possessed by its Pitbull father.
- If you want to teach your Pitsky that not everyone is out to get him or her, it’s important that you let him socialize with other people and animals.
Tip: By conducting a DNA test you can check out the percentages, history and lineage of your Pitbull Husky Mix.
Husky Pit Mix and Families
Even if some of these dogs like chasing a rodent or a cat every once in a while, if they are trained properly they can get along well with families and children.
Pitbull Husky Mix Lifespan
This breed has a pleasant and caring attitude, and its life expectancy ranges from 10 to 14 years.
Pitbull Husky Mix Puppy for Sale
The average price of Pitbull Husky Mix is $400 to $1800. You can purchase these dogs from many reputable breeders or you find many of these beautiful dogs from dog shelters or rescue houses.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Husky Pitbull Mix Breed
In conclusion, the pitbull husky mix is a great choice for a family pet. They are loyal, protective and intelligent dogs that make great companions.
They are also relatively easy to train and are good with children. However, as with any dog, it is important to do your research before getting one.
In either case, be sure to consult with your veterinarian or professional trainer before getting a Husky Pitbull mix so that you can get started on the right foot.
Vetster connects pet owners to thousands of licensed veterinarians ready to provide the best online vet services through video chat appointments 24/7.
- 24/7 online veterinary appointments (video, voice & text chat) for both urgent and non-urgent pet care concerns. You’re never alone.
- Helps any kind of pet without restriction
- Available in USA, UK, & Canada.
- Easy-to-use web and mobile app (iOS and Android)
- Vet booking is advanced with dozens of filters and tags to make the search more precise and detailed.
- The veterinarians in the platform are experienced and can provide knowledgeable and empathetic support for your dog's care.
- Some veterinarians can only prescribe your pet medication in a few states.
- Sometimes calls are not immediate and must be scheduled at least 30-60 minutes in advance.