Can puppies have greenies? In short, yes! Greenies are safe for dogs older than six months and weigh more than five pounds. Greenies are good for dogs; they can help maintain healthy gums and teeth when properly used.
Like almost any other chew treat for dogs, you should not give Greenies to a puppy under six months of age.
Their teeth are not yet permanent at this young age, and chew treats can damage their teeth or prematurely pull them out.
You should wait until your puppy is at least six months old before giving Greenies.
What Are Greenies?
Greenies are treats designed to help keep your dog teeth clean and tartar-free. They help your dog avoid cavities. Greenies come with different grooves and bristle-like designs that scratch your dog’s teeth while chewing.
They have different flavors; while they help clean your dog’s mouth, they can also help control their weight and joints as your pups get older.
Are Greenies Good for Dogs?
In early 2006, it was reported that Greenies were not digestible in the dog’s intestines and were causing obstructions.
In response, in late 2006, the company changed the product formula to tackle these potential digestive problems by making changes to the ingredients, size, and shape of each Greenie.
Since the recall, Greenies have been confirmed to be digestible. So, to answer the question, are Greenies Good For Dogs?
Yes, Greenies are safe for dogs older than six months and weigh more than five pounds. In addition, they are not likely to get stuck in your dog once they eat it.
Vets now recommend Greenies, and from my research, it seems that many people on the internet recommend Greenies, so it is sensible to say that Greenies are safe for dogs.
The following are the summary of why Greenies are good for your dogs:
- It is now easy to digest: As mentioned above, all the ingredients in Greenies are entirely soluble.
- The Ingredients are fully natural: Greenies are made with 100 percent natural ingredients and are rich in other nutrients.
- Excellent for preventing plaque and tartar: Greenies are designed to prevent plaque and tartar; these conditions can ruin your dog’s teeth and cost you a high vet bill.
- Perfect for preventing dog bad breath: Allowing your furry pal to chew this treat is the best way to give him or her better breath.
- The new Greenies are not as stiff as the previous ones; they are easier to digest. And still, provide the same scraping effect when being chewed, so they help clean your dog teeth and gums, help you avoid dog dental problems.
Different Greenies Dental Care Products
They are available in a variety of flavors; the following are the five Greenies dental care products that I have found to be the best for your furry pals.
1. Greenies Regular Dental Dog Treats
Greenies regular dental chews are made from easy-to-digest and balanced ingredients and fortified with minerals, vitamins, taurine, and chlorophyll.
Your furry pal will enjoy these tasty dental dog treats as it has a chewy texture that takes care of plaque and tartar.
They are delicious and very powerful; Greenies dog treats are recommended for home oral health care and are endorsed by the Veterinary Oral Health Council.
- It is flexible and also cleans plaque and tartar from the dog’s teeth
- It serves as a good snack and can be fed to your dog every day. It is important to get the right size for your dog.
- No calories. Therefore, this will not lead to a dog’s weight gain.
2. Greenies Puppy 6+ Months Natural Dental Dog Treats
These dental chew treats are designed for puppies older than six months. They are easier to chew and softer than the adult version. So, if you have a puppy that wants to chew things, he will probably enjoy this version.
They are formulated with DHA to support their brain development. And ensure your puppy grows up to be loyal, smart, and quick to learn everything you train him.
- Designed to be 50 percent softer than the regular Greenies with the same unique shape as the original.
- Specially fortified for puppies, thanks to soluble and natural ingredients that dissolved easily.
- It can help your furry pal maintain a healthy mouth.
3. Greenies Weight Management Teenie Dental Dog Treats
These dental chews provide your dogs with the same benefit as the original chew, although with fewer calories. They are low in fat, vitamins, calories, antioxidants, and minerals.
And also contains L-Carnitine that helps maintain perfect body weight.
They are designed to help clean your dog’s teeth, using the natural action of chewing to remove plaque and tartar from the surface of your dog teeth.
They are vet-recommended for at-home oral health care and accepted by the Veterinary Oral Health Council.
- Recommended by veterinarians to help prevent gum disease and also reduce the frequency of professional pet dental cleanings.
- Made in the USA and accepted by the Veterinary Oral Health Council to support oral health.
- They provide the perfect hardness and texture for dogs that weigh 5 to 15 pounds.
4. Greenies Pill Pockets Canine Chicken Flavor Dog Treats
These are veterinarians recommended Greenies Pill Pockets; it relieves the stress of medicating your furry pal. Just take the capsule or tablet and put it in the pill pocket.
Squeeze the sides of the pill pocket, so the pills are lost inside, and give them to your dog.
He will swallow it and even look for more without knowing it. Also, the taste is great as it is made with peanut butter, chicken, peas, duck, and smoky, nutty flavors.
- It is available in various pack sizes, and you can select between tablet or capsule pockets.
- It is easy to use; just put the pill in the pocket, close it and give it to your dog.
- Veterinarians recommended treat hack to help your dog take its medication.
As you can see, puppies can have greenies. Giving Greenies to your dog will go a long way toward reducing future vet bills by ensuring good dental health.
Your dog will have a pleasant smelling breath, which will make those puppy kisses even sweeter.
That being said, there is nothing left but to thank you for your attention up to this point.
I hope I have been helpful, and I wish you many moments of joy and satisfaction in the company of your beloved dog.
Of course, if you have any questions or concerns along the way don’t hesitate to contact me.
Until next time!