This is our review of the best chew-proof dog beds in 2022.
You’ve spent a lot of money on dog beds that were destroyed?
If your furry friend is a heavy chewer and swallows everything, then you must get serious and purchase an indestructible dog bed for him, that will last for more than just a few months (or days!).
The ordinary beds are quite expensive and dangerous as these keep getting ruined by your pup.
There are many beds to choose from, so it can be hard to decide which one is right for you.
To help, we researched every option on the market and narrowed it down to 7 of our favorites.
Most come with a “full chew guarantee”, meaning that if your furry friend chews through the bed, you’ll get a free replacement.
Here’s our list.
Best Chew Proof Dog Beds: Our Top Picks
- Kuranda Elevated dog
- K9 Ballistics Elevated Dog Bed
- Carharrt Pillow Bed
- K9 Ballistics Pillow Bed
- Petfusion Ultimate Lounge Memory Foam
- K9 Ballistics Tough Dog Crate Pad
- Niiyoh Chewproof Mega Mat
Why Do Dogs Chew Their Beds?
To give your pup a comfortable place to rest, you bought a cozy bed. Unfortunately, he turned it into a chew toy and destroyed it.
Puff! What makes him do this?
Is this his developmental stage? Or a change in environment?
Here is a list of reasons to make you understand why your dog chews his bed?
Is your dog at the teething stage, where the milk teeth fall apart to accommodate the adult teeth?
If yes He will surely chew his bed to reduce discomfort.
If you’re spending more time out with your friends, remember there’s someone waiting for you at home.
If your dog is all alone at home, he will chew his bed out of boredom.
3. Separation Anxiety
Is your dog feeling insecure about being separated from you or his loved ones?
The fear of separation triggers anxiety, and he may end up chewing his own bed.
Your dog may feel stressed for several reasons, for instance, change in routine, long-rides or traveling, new environment, new faces, unexpected loud noises, aging, and more.
To self-soothe, he will destroy items or chew his bed.
Note: Find the root cause of this nervous behavior to address destructive chewing.
5. Lack of Exercise
Just like humans, your dog needs exercise too. Exercise will help him to maintain good health.
It increases endurance and flexibility, strengthens muscles and joints, and keeps up the good weight.
Lack of exercise makes your pup lethargic and triggers bed chewing.
What makes your pooch frustrated? A confusing situation, fence fighting with neighbor dogs, forcing him to do things he doesn’t want to, pulling a leash during a walk, or scolding him can trigger frustration and anxiety.
Under these circumstances, biting is the only option left. He may go back to his bed and bite it to release his frustration.
An inappropriate eating schedule or low-quality food urges dogs to eat everything that comes up.
Either it is shoes, toys, furniture, or bed, he’ll end up chewing all the stuff.
Make sure you feed him the right quantity and high-quality food to avoid destructible chewing behavior.
Benefits of Indestructible Dog Beds
Chew-resistant dog beds offer everything from a high comfort level to high durability, which will make your pup look forward to bedtime.
These beds offer infinite benefits. Few are listed below.
Key Features of Chew Proof Dog Beds
Key features of indestructible dog beds include:
1. Bear More Weight
A chew-proof dog bed is strong enough to bear the weight of large and healthy dogs. This makes the pup feel more comfortable and secure while in rest condition.
2. Reinforced Material
An indestructible dog bed is crafted with reinforced material. It is persistent as compared to other dog beds.
3. Stay off The Floor
Beds that stay off the floor are comparatively difficult to chew and tear apart. Moreover, it offers orthopedics benefits too to support dogs.
Top 7 Best Indestructible Dog Bed Reviews
No matter if you are looking for for an indestructible bed for a small or large dog, or maybe waterproof, we looked upon all.
Here we have reviewed some of the best chew-proof dog beds keeping multiple options in mind.
Read on to explore all the picks one by one.
1. Kuranda Elevated Dog Bed
Kuranda is a renowned dog bed manufacturer who specializes in manufacturing chew-proof dog beds.
These beds are crafted on a strong aluminum frame which is perfect for all dogs and supports weight up to 250 lbs.
These beds are known for their high chew-proof strength and will keep your furry friend cool in hot summers.
- Elevated, Orthopedic Comfort: Kuranda bed is designed in cot style that evenly distributes the dog’s weight so that there’s no pressure point. It is an elevated dog bed that helps to relieve joint pain. Say goodbye to sore elbows, hips, and shoulders.
- Easy to Clean: Kuranda beds and accessories are washable. Simply wipe out or rinse the bed to clean dirt and remove pet odor.
- Chew Proof: Kuranda beds are made of scratch-resistant fabric. These are secured in an aluminum frame, making it difficult for dogs to chew beds.
- Bite/chew proof
- 250 lbs. capacity
- Stylish university
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- Allergy-friendly/good for skin sensitive dogs
- Easy replacement of parts
- Heavy-duty fabric
- One year warranty
- Height is non-adjustable
- Your pup may refuse to use
2. K9 Ballistics Elevated Dog Bed
The K9 Ballistics Elevated Dog Bed is designed to resist bad chewing habits.
The sleek aluminum edges and the high-quality ripstop ballistic fabric is used for both indoor and outdoor environments.
All edges are perfectly covered, and no loose materials are left open that trigger chewing behavior.
- Colors and Size: K9 Ballistics comes in a range of colors that attract dogs. It also comes in different sizes that fit all ages and weights.
- Eco-friendly: The K9 Ballistics is ecologically designed. It uses less energy, less fuel, and has gone through green processes. Its eco-features don’t harm dogs in any way.
- Easy to Clean: Take a wet piece of cloth and remove all dirt and stain. It is also washable.
- Bite/chew resistant thanks to the aluminium frame
- 120 days chew proof warranty with free replacement
- Dirt-resistant and water-resistant
- Orthopedic benefits
- Easy cleaning
- Different sizes and colours
- Arrives pre-assembled
- Great air circulation
- Easy maintenance
- A little bit expensive than other dog beds
3. Carhartt Pillow Bed
Gift your furry friend a cozy place to rest. Carhartt pillow bed is durable, long-lasting, and chew-resistant that is strong enough to resist chewing and tearing.
- Water-resistant: Carhartt dog bed is made up of waterproof material. This feature helps in easy cleaning and sweeping the bed to remove dirt and stinky odor.
- Comfortable: Carhartt dog bed is fluffy and cozy enough to take your pooch to the height of comfort level. It gives uninterrupted sleep.
- Material: The cushion-style bed is made of polyester fiber accompanied by an extra-wide zipper and is concealed under a zipper flap. This saves the cushion from paws, scratches, and biting.
- More stylish and presentable
- The durable cotton shell can be removed and washed easily.
- For both indoor and outdoor use
- Chew and water-resistant
- No warranty
4. K9 Ballistics Pillow Bed
The rectangular-shaped K9 Ballistics pillow bed is made to be chew-proof and scratch-resistant.
The bed is perfect for all dogs, especially one facing orthopedics issues.
It is strong enough to bear more weight and won’t flatten over time.
- Machine Washable: The K9 ballistics pillow bed is easy to clean; just use a water hose and damp cloth for quick cleansing. However, use a washing machine for deep cleaning.
- High-Quality: The high-quality bed is crafted with ballistic nylon. The dense material resists moisture, hair, odor, and dirt.
- Medicated: The mattress is designed to address medical issues in dogs. The pillow bed supports the spine, joints, and muscles. It is good for dogs facing arthritis or orthopedic issues.
- 120 days chew-proof guarantee
- Free replacement if the dog chews the bed within 120 days
- Machine washable cover
No seams or zippers
- Chew resistant, waterproof and dig proof
- Orthopedics foam makes the dog’s joint comfortable and relieves pain.
- Expensive than other available dog beds
- This bed is very comfortable and durable, but not 100% indestructible.
5. Petfusion Ultimate Lounge Memory Foam
All dogs need a comfortable place to rest!
Petfusion ultimate lounge memory foam is stylish and modern yet durable to make dog’s every day napping more relaxed.
The modern styled foam has a four-inch base and is supported with bolsters, and an easy-to-clean bed makes it stand out of the crowd.
So, if you’re looking for a cozy, simple, and quality bed, Petfusion has your back!
- Removable Cover: The outer cover is easily removed for easy washing and cleaning.
- Extra Support and Comfort: Petfusion is designed with recycled polyfill bolsters, which provide more support and comfort to dogs.
- Durable: The Foam is made of durable cotton and polyester twill cover, which is long-lasting.
- Anti-tear outer covering
- For all dogs sizes
- Breathable fabric
- Comes pre-assembled
- Easy to clean
- 1-year warranty
- More Costly
6. K9 Ballistics Tough Dog Crate Pad
Is your pup rough and tough and often chews or scratches beds? Or your pup likes the curl-up bed inside the crate?
For every question, K9 Ballistics Dog Crate Pad is the perfect answer.
K9 Ballistics dog crate pad is designed to prevent scratching, digging, and biting the bed.
It is specifically formulated for pups who are continuous chewer and can’t differentiate between beds and chew toys.
- Rough & Tough Design: K9 Ballistics Dog Crate Pad prevents dogs from creating holes in it. No visible seams, no zippers, and a tough frame to make biting and chewing difficult.
- Standard Size: The K9 pad is designed to fit in all sizes of crates. The standard size bed fits in common crate sizes to make dogs comfortable and safe.
- Machine Washable: The crate pad is made up of ballistics nylon. The dense material doesn’t absorb moisture, dirt, or odor. It is easily cleaned by using a wet cloth or can be machine washed for deep cleaning.
- Soft and comfortable
- Say goodbye to bad chewing habits
- Available in all sizes
- Machine washable
- Fits in all crates
- No zippers which trigger chewing
- 120 days chew proof warranty (+ free replacement)
- Not completely chew-resistant (for really heavy chewers)
7. Niiyoh Chew Proof Mega Mat
The mat is crafted with super-strong 1680 denier ripstop fabric, which enhances its durability, increases chewing resistance power, and resists tears.
Moreover, the aluminum frame safely covers all corners and protects it from damages.
The Niiyoh Chew-proof mat is carefully designed to eliminate weak points up to an extent.
- Chew-proof: Niiyoh gives a 100% guarantee of its chew-resistant power with its aluminum-made mega frame. No weak points have been left that trigger the dog to latch his teeth into it.
- Internal Pouch: The bed also offers an internal pouch feature where a heating pad is easily placed. It helps dogs in cold weather and relief pain (No heating pad is included in the package)
- Easy Maintenance: Niiyoh dog mat is a water-resistant bed that is easily cleaned and maintained. No dog owners have to be worried about maintenance because of its anti-dust feature.
- Freely adjusted
- Two-layer bed frame design
- Lifetime warranty (entirely replaced with other if chewed or damaged by dogs)
- Suitable for cold weather
- Benefits dogs suffering from arthritis
- Only available for large or extra-large dogs
Buyer’s Guide: What to Look for When Buying a Bed
Finding the right chew-proof dog bed helps to overcome bad chewing habits in your pup.
It saves your pooch from harming himself and also benefits you with its affordable and long-lasting features.
Here is the ultimate guide for every dog owner who is seeking an indestructible dog bed.
Investing in a quality dog bed yields a great return!
If you want the dog bed to be long-lasting, don’t ever compromise on quality.
Make sure the bed is crafted with high-quality material and fabric and is strong enough to bear the dog’s weight.
Note: Cheaper beds are affordable for the time being because you’ll end up getting another one after a few weeks.
Chewing or tearing a dense material bed with protective layers is always challenging.
While choosing a dog bed, check the material is thick and dense, which resists destructive chewing.
Just like you, your furry friend also wants a cozy bed after spending a tiring day. A comfortable bed is the king of all attributes.
While buying a dog bed, make sure it’s comfortable enough to give your pooch a well-deserved rest.
4. Easy to Clean:
Many dogs shed a lot and also make their place stink. So before getting a dog bed, make sure it’s easy to clean and water-resistant.
This feature not only removes hair and stains but also increases the lifespan of the bed.
Important: A clean bed also makes dogs look presentable!
5. Chew-proof Guarantee:
Many dog beds are labeled as chew-proof, but they aren’t.
Before purchasing a bed, make sure it offers a chew-proof warranty as an authenticity.
Important: Some chew-proof warranty also offers a replacement if any wear and tear happen.
Different Types of Indestructible Dog Beds
There are different types of indestructible dog beds available in the market that resist chewing.
Each comes in a different style that will stop your pooch from being a destructive chewer.
1. Cot-style Dog Beds
Cot-style dog beds are elevated off the surface standing on PVC or metal pipes.
This allows easy air circulation and is the perfect option in summers.
2. Orthopedics Beds
Orthopedics beds are manufactured specifically for dogs with joint issues.
These beds come with high-quality foam and dense filling to support the dog’s weight and joints.
3. Metal Met Beds
If your pup is not fond of chewing, then a metal mat bed is a suitable option.
However, it is made up of a heavy nylon mat enclosed in a reinforced metal, making it an indestructible dog bed.
4. Crate Beds
Crate or kennel beds are designed to fit in all crate sizes. They are thin and act as an impediment between floor and pooch.
The sleek style, easy to wash, and comfortable bed can be the best option for pets.
5. Bolster Dog Beds
Bolster dog beds are modern-style beds with slightly increased edges that can be used as pillows.
These beds have removable covers for easy and deep cleaning.
Different Indestructible and Chew Proof Fabrics
Here are few common materials that are used:
1. Heavy Denim
Heavy denim fabric is strong enough to endure chewing and digging.
It comes in appealing colors that attract dogs towards their beds. Denim is easily washable too.
2. Ballistic Nylon
Ballistic nylon fabric is incredibly strong and tough to withstand heavy chewing. However, this fabric is difficult to dye and hence available only in dark colors.
3. Ripstop Fabric
As the name implies, ‘ripstop, the fabric prevents all types of tearing and chewing.
It is made up of nylon or polyester, weaved with extra reinforcement yarns making it even firm.
4. Drop Cloth or Thick Canvas:
A thick Canvas or Drop Cloth is used to make dog beds or bed sheets. These are durable and comfortable and can withstand chewing.
However, these are not suitable for heavy chewers.
How to Redirect Your Dog’s Chewing
Chewing is a naturally occurring process. It is a dog’s nature to chew everything whenever he feels upset or stressed.
To overcome the chewing habit, train your pup about appropriate chewing.
1. Divert Him to a Toy
Whenever you watch him chewing his bed, redirect him with a toy or his favorite meal.
A fun toy or tasty food will discourage his bad chewing.
2. Adore Him
Take some time out of your busy schedule and adore your pup. Give him your attention and play with him.
This will divert his mind from chewing beds and will reinforce positive behavior.
3. Reward Him
Teach him the difference between good and bad chewing. Keep a check on him and reward him if he’s exhibiting good chewing behavior.
This will help him to overcome the chewing habit.
There’s No Such Thing as a Real Indestructible Dog Bed (no Bed Is Indestructible)
This is true that no bed is 100% indestructible.
After extensive research, it is concluded that dogs are capable enough to ruin or chew beds as they are made up of soft fabric or material that makes dogs feel warm and convenient.
Uh! Means all the above discussion was a lie?
Absolutely Not! Because these chew-proof beds resist 90% chewing and are long-lasting.
However, dogs can resist completely if you monitor them, train them timely, and redirect their attention.
Note: If you’re not around, remove the bed from the dog’s place for a better outcome.
Frquently Asked Questions About Chew Proof Dog Beds
Also worth your time:
- Best dewormer for dogs
- Best dog food for dogs with allergies
- Best joint supplements for dogs
- Best nail grinders for dogs
- Best dry shampoo for dogs
- Best flea collar for dogs
Conclusion: Our Top Pick
Kuranda is our top pick. The incredible bed resists 90% chewing with its amazing features.
However, every chew-proof bed has its own features, advantages, and disadvantages, making it different from others.
Get a chew-proof dog bed that perfectly fits your dog and makes him feel happy.